Before the surgery
- One day before the surgery, don’t eat anything after 8 p.m.
- In the morning of the surgery, it is restricted to eat or drink anything!
- Do not take vitamin C, aspirin and its analogs before the surgery.
- Coming to the surgery, don’t use makeup
- Remove everything from the thumbnail of the left hand.
- Leave all the valuables and jewelry at home.
- Do not smoke 3 days before and within a month after the surgery – smoking slows healing processes and preserves swelling.
- Prepare clothes that do not require to be removed or worn over your head, so as not to damage the operated nose.
After the surgery: ice will be applied to the eyelid area in the ward, which is replaced every 20-30 mins with a new one, in order to minimize the appearance of bruises and swelling (only 5 times). The patient remains in the clinic for one day, is discharged the next day, after removal of the hemostatic sponges.
Food, diet, and routine after the surgery
- You can drink no sooner than an hour after the surgery, first slowly, in small sips.
- 3-4 hours after the surgery, you can take light, soft and not hot food.
- You should avoid taking hot liquids and food during the first week after the surgery.
- You should drink a lot of liquid. The volume of the liquid intake should be 2 liters per day.
- Bed rest is required only on the first day after the surgery. The next day it is canceled.
- Sleep only lying on your back for at least 2 weeks.
- The elevated head position will allow minimizing the swelling of the face.
On the day of discharge from the clinic:
- Salivin or Aqua Maris, a spray for the nose. 2 injections into each nostril 5-7 times a day, then cleaning with the “Pinocchio method”.
- Vibrocil (nasal drops). 3 drops per each nostril 3 times a day for 1 week
- Zinnat, 250mg. One tablet 2 times a day for 5 days.
- Fluconazole, 150mg. Drink 1 capsule in the evening, on the first and last day of Zinnat intake.
On the next day after discharge from the clinic:
- Stitches on the dermal jumper between the nostrils (columella) should be cleaned once a day (in the morning) with and ear stick, moistened in 3% hydrogen peroxide.
- Lioton 1000 – apply a thin layer of gel on the eyelids 2 times a day (until the bruises completely disappear).
Hygiene and cosmetics
- A quick shower with not very hot water is possible already on the second day after the surgery, but the bandages on the nose should remain dry.
- You can wash your head on the 3rd day, throwing your head back, like at the hairdressers.
- Makeup can be used 7 days after the surgery.
- Cosmetic procedures (peeling, photorejuvenation, etc.) can be performed at least 6 months after rhinoplasty.
Warnings and restrictions
Try to protect your nose after the plasty from various injuries.
Avoid straining eyes in the first few days after surgery – do not read much, do not watch TV, do not work in front of the computer.
Avoid increased activity, stress or body bending, as this leads to increased swelling, especially during the first week after surgery.
- Sports and active physical activity can be resumed only after 2 months.
- Exclude hot baths, saunas, do not travel to countries with hot climate for 2 months.
- You can not sunbathe and visit the solarium for 2 months.
- Under no circumstances should you take alcohol for a month – it prevents healing and causes severe swelling.
- You can not wear glasses within 6 months after rhinoplasty.
- Women are not recommended to become pregnant within 6 months after the nose plasty.
Remember that rhinoplasty is one of the most complex plastic surgeries, therefore it is absolutely necessary to be extremely responsible to follow these rules and recommendations, both before the surgery and during the postsurgical period.